Things are looking much better today in the Golden State! The winds have almost died out (still some 25mph gusts in the mountains), the humidity has risen a bit and it was 10 degrees cooler today. The firefighters were finally able to get a few of the fires under control today, however the San Diego fires (‘Witch’ and ‘Harris’) are still raging out of control, as is the Lake Arrowhead fire. Those fires have generated so much smoke that water-drops have been impossible. The Santiago fire, the one nearest to us, is still only 20% contained but progress is being made.
* The total acreage burned is now over 550,000 and still going up. That’s close to 900 square miles!
* The cost of the damage went just over $1 billion today.
* Authorities have arrested the suspected arsonist!
* The number of people who have been evacuated has reached 500,000.
* There are reported scam artists claiming to be raising money for the fire departments.
* All of the smoke that blew out over the Pacific will be returning this weekend as we return to our normal onshore flow.
* And as we don’t have enough problems, there was a 4.3 earthquake here today. Not a big one but enough to get on our last nerve!
This is a photo album link that may or may not work for you. I found it on Yahoo.
If not, just go to www.yahoo.com and you find it on the homepage there. Great photos… all 596 of them!! LOL
Take care my friends! I’ll add to this post if things change here.
LOVE this song!! It’s for my good friend Jadey!!!!